Need advise on Vent Axia accessory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have Vent-Axia extractor fan in my bathroom and it does not seem to work well in extracting the bath-steam. my attached bathroom does not have any ventilation due to which I am forced to open the windows in the room to let the steam out!

I tried to open the outer grille of the extractor with a view of cleaning it but what I found was some sort of 'dirty sponge' in the filter and I was afraid that I might remove the sponge which might make the situation worse. Should I be changing the filter that is located back of the outer grille? Does anybody know where I can find the accessory please?

I have attached the pics of grille and the filter.

Thanks

View media item 37542
View media item 37543

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I have Vent-Axia extractor fan in my bathroom and it does not seem to work well in extracting the bath-steam. my attached bathroom does not have any ventilation due to which I am forced to open the windows in the room to let the steam out!

I tried to open the outer grille of the extractor with a view of cleaning it but what I found was some sort of 'dirty sponge' in the filter and I was afraid that I might remove the sponge which might make the situation worse. Should I be changing the filter that is located back of the outer grille? Does anybody know where I can find the accessory please?

I have attached the pics of grille and the filter.

I assume the fan is venting to an external area? If so then throw the filter away. Also an extraction fan will not work well if the displaced air in the room can not be replaced. You need an air entry vent at the bottom of your bathroom door to allow air changes to occur while the fan is running.

Another point, check that the fan is extracting air by (in the bathroom) placing a piece of paper very near the fan and observing that the paper is "sucked" towards the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back