Need an outdoor JB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to look at a job, spotlights(IP68) which are installed in slabs in back garden keep tripping RCD. Removed and found they are just connected using connector blocks and tape(didn't have a camera handy sorry). The junction boxes im after are the type which has some sort of silcone inside them already, just peel the sleeve and close and you're at IP68. Any ideas who makes them?

cheers

P.S. Can't find a pic on google either sorry

Sponsored Links
Nice boxes, but they can be a pain to gland into though because they have ribs on the inside which stop the nut tightening down.

Pratley boxes?

'magic jell' - works a treat in place of chicken fillets too....
pics.gif

Sponsored Links
"Except where installed in a conduit or duct which provides equivalent protection against mechanical damage, a cable buried in the ground shall incorporate an earthed armour or metal sheath or both, suitable for use as a protective conductor."

FP200 does not have armour or a metal sheath, and plastic ducting does not provide equivalent protection against mechanical damage.

What you have there doesn't comply. Nor did it under the 16th - 522-06-03 said the same thing, plus insulated concentric.

I disagree, IMO plastic ducting provides against mechanical damage in that location, anything capable of damaging that at that depth would also be capable of damaging an SWA cable. Question- would you turn the job down?

Nice boxes, but they can be a pain to gland into though because they have ribs on the inside which stop the nut tightening down.
The 1010's I'd agree with, but the 308s and 607s have integrated M20 and M25 threads respectively which don't need a nut on the inside.

I've just bought some 308s in fact and can't wait to install them.

I made that observation when I thought the cable was SWA....

But even with threaded holes you should still have a lock nut, surely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back