Need bathroom sink and toilet disconnected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We want to replace the tiles that sit behind the bathroom sink and toilet with new tiles.

To do this, we need to have the sink and toilet disconnected so we can dislodge the existing tiles from the wall, and we need someone to do this for us.

What sort of price should a competent tradesman quote for this? Is this something that I could request through Rated People, or should I just open up the yellow pages?

Sponsored Links
Not much good me giving you a price that I would charge because it varies depending what area you are from.

You need to ask around really and see if anyone can recommend someone based on work they have seen done.

Rated People? Ratted people more like. :)

Advertised a carpentry job with them. Only one reply in 8 days. Supposedly you will get "up to" 3 replies. Guy rings, arrange date for evaluation.
Guy arrived smelling like a brewery. He gave me a price.
Checked with a mate who's a builder. He said he'd heard they were good.
Rang guy back and said the job was his. Appointment made for job.

Half an hour after he was supposed to arrive he rang and said he'd had an emergency job crop up and would be with us within a couple of hours at worst. 75 minutes later he arrived.

He did an excellent job, did not smell like a brewery that day, and was paid in cash. I asked for a receipt. "I'll pop it in in a couple of days.
3 months and one reminder later I'm still waiting for the receipt.

Overall a pretty good experience, but I'll probably not bother again.

Not much good me giving you a price that I would charge because it varies depending what area you are from.

You need to ask around really and see if anyone can recommend someone based on work they have seen done.

Any idea of ballpark price? Are we talking sub-£100 for the whole job or £100's of smackers?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back