Need Combi with 130,000ish btu C/Heating out put

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title

I am looking for a Condensing combi boiler with at least 130.000btu c/heating out put, can any1 help or point me in the correct direction

cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
funny you should say that output check ebay i saw one there be quick there was 1 hour left and sitting at £230

failing that try baxi you will find one there

Baxi 130 is only 31.4 kW, 107kbtu to HW :confused: though 16 l/min HW
Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE 35HE is 120kbtu, 14.3 l/min

Must be cleverer than me at Baxi. How the heck...?

but the biggest Baxi C/Heating out put is 115.000btu. and when looking at other makes they don't state the C/H out put or if they do they r usually quite low around 80k ish. So not sure if they r different types of boiler or not

Sponsored Links
Thems 2 outputs are the same for ch as hw. Bosch is about £150 more but you do get a filling loop :p

chris

so r u saying that if they only give 1 out put the HW & CH will be the same?

here is what i am trying to heat

2 x 24x82 29x48 30x37 30x35 18x69 18x47 16x39 18x47 29x19

24x41 24x47 16x19 24x52 30x47 28x78 12x71 2 x 18x64

they r all double rads and measured in inches.

my boiler is only 80k btu and just can't cope

Paul

paul baxi rekon they can cope with any needs if you ask me a baxi 105 at max will run your system plus its pumped h/w

Paul you really need to get hold of a rad list - as nearly the same as possible. You have to allow for convection fins etc, and work out whether your rads are big enough for the heat losses - which you'll have to work out. If they're sludged up then you may only be getting a fraction of hte output you should. What boiler is it - how old? Why exactly have you decided the boiler isn't coping?

A house the size of yours is likely to need more than one hot water tap on at a time. SOmething you shouldn't expect from any combi.

lol chris thats the biggest complaint WHY DOES MY TAP STOP UPSTAIRS WHEN I RUN DOWNSTAIRS. lol the amount of time i hear that i might get it bolted across my van! :D

Um, while you're here could you just do xyz?
Do I owe you anything? :evil:
-------------------------------------------------------
Oh my god, that boiler's got PIPES
It hasn't got pipes in the brochure...
It won't make any noise will it?
I mean will it be louder than the refridgerator?
I'm not paying for TRV's
But dont give me valves without numbers on
I can't afford to do the work you say for the Landlord's Certificate
I've got 5 flats and I'm mortgaged up to the hilt
We had an EXPERT do the Certificate last year and he said the BBU didn't have to have a vent

Chris

I will see if i can get a rad list, where might it get 1 from?

My boiler is a Valcan and must be 20yrs old. I think it says 65k-84kbtu on the inside cover so i take it that is 84kbtu max.

I think it can't cope as throught this winter the boiler has been on flat out and never got the boiler upto the temp i set it at. I set it at 150 on the control on the front of the boiler if it is a while then u gradually turn the control down u hear the boiler switching off at around 100 to 110 it is hard to judge as the lowest stiing is 140 on the boiler. I was thinking along the lines that was where the temp had risen to.

The other reason i am think it is on its way out is my gas bill, I pay £111 per month and am just about out of the red

The 1 tap on at a time may well be a problem, Do u think i would be better going for another stardard boiler.

If it were u what would u buy and why. nothing like putting u on the spot :)

Paul

Oh my god, that boiler's got PIPES It hasn't got pipes in the brochure

I thought this one was best

I personally would probably be looking at installing some zone controls for your heating unless all 17 rads need to be running at full power at the same time. If they do then I would start thinking about designing a system that utilised 2 boilers in the winter and only 1 in the summer. You do have trv's I suppose?

oilski

I have 19 rads and yeah they will all be on all the time, I have 3 kids so cant have any areas cold.

could well have trv's but i have no idea what they r

I may well have to think about 2 systems just seems a heap of work and money, but it may be the best in the long run.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back