lifestyle lp241 no c/heating????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning the c/h didn't come on with the timer at 6.Just had a quick look and the boiler isnt firing up when i turn the central heating on ,but is working fine when i put the hot water on.i am getting 240v to the lp241 unit and i am getting 240v to the wall thermostat.could it be a faulty wall unit? any help would be appreciated as its freezing!!!!! cheers paul.

Sponsored Links
cheers for the reply it is the valve.At the moment it has a
ACL 679h340-30l0 valve fitted,this is a old valve which i carn't find so i'am going to fit the new version with the removable head ACL MA1/679-3.
around the valve there's a series of valves i can close, will this mean i still have to drain the system?

IMG_0314.jpg

looking at the pic. you will need to drain as there is no iso valve on the CH flow (well I cant see one and it's not usual to have one).
I would remove the motor and test that first.

Sponsored Links
i think the motor is ok as every thing works when you move the valve lever to the c/heating position.
What's the best way to drain the system? Or do I still have turn the supply off the the tank in the loft and drain out of the rad in the kicthen?

moving the valve lever does not prove the motor is working or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back