acl lifestyle lp241 thermostat - heating not coming on...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could possibly offer any advice or suggestions, currently we have a acl lifestyle lp241 thermostat connected to the boiler. However when i go to select the heating to come on, nothing happens.

The only way we can enable to heating to come in, is to select the water option on the otherside. Therefore having both coming on, obviously this isnt really ideal.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this a new problem?

Some systems have to work that way on account of wiring/plumbing.

If it is a new problem the we need more information.

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for the prompt response. Sadly, this is not a new problem. We have had no experiences in the past, with having either the water or heating work independently of each other.

We recetnly called in british gas for there 'expert' opinion, and they advised ( not surpsingly) that it wasent working due to the ENTIRE plumbing system requireing to have a powerflush ( currently priced at £700)

obviously this isnt prefabably, and may not even be entirely neceassry !

I think Dan was after information on your system/boiler, not what may or may not be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Upon looking at similar articles regarding the same symptoms , it may actually down to a faulty ACL value fitted...

I might try and looking at possinly ordering a replacement.

The lp241 is a programmer and not a thermostat. Your symptoms point to a zone valve fault and not that your system requires a powerflush. Why not try a reliable local firm to correctly ID and advise a course of action rather than just ordering parts that may not be required. Be prepared to pay for a diagnosis, but why not trust your local man to do the job from start to finish.

Hi,

I think you are correct with the zone valve assumption and that it is faulty , however we have had the valve replaced last year by a british gas engineer, and now the problem has returned... British gas's analysis was due to condition of the plumbing ( hence the requirement of a powerflush) this was ultimatelly causing the valve to function incorrectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back