Need extra heat!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, recently had new system fitted...heatslave oil external fitted plus rads,
1 of the bedrooms is not warm enough calcs come in at 5300 btu there's a 600x1000 p+ stelrad in it rating 4597 btu....the next 1 up is the k2 which states 5910 btu is it just a case of replacing the p+ with the k2 to get the extra heat in ??

Sponsored Links
Or addressing the heat loss of that room. What are the windows and stuff like?

is the existing rad fully hot all over?

the calculators are over-optimistic and you will usually be more comfortable with a bigger (preferably longer) rad.

The room as 3 external walls 2 new double glazed units wooden floors bungalow....yes really hot the rad is.

Sponsored Links
bare wooden floor?

is it too late to get access to put insulation between the joists? As well as insulation, this muffles draughts. You can also block draughts by injecting pink fire foam under the skirtings, where there is a gap.

Yes a bit late now unfortunately underlay down gaps filled in,
under skirting and new carpet was fitted last week...

If I change for a k2 then I can sort it myself....or it's a change to 1400x600
And will need get the heating chap in...what do you recommend guys...

To confirm that the K2 will do the job, buy a 350 watt electric heater for about £12 and put that in the room. If that & radiator now get the room toasty then the K2 will do it. If not it's get the man in time. Save you spending on the rad & then spending on another rad.

And don't forget a K2 will have pipe centres a different distance from the wall so there will be some, probably minor, adjustments needed.

you might want to check the pipe diameter and length of run before you start changing radiator sizes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back