need help attic conversion

19 May 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
i need help i am converting my attic space and need to run steel beams from gable wall to joining wall its a semi detached timber framed house the timbers i have to fix into are 6x2 do i need to fix L shape plate for beams to sit on the lenght of the gable wall or is there another way to fix these beams one of the gable walls is plasterboarded all ready the other is just timberjoist
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Am not familiar with Irish Regs but if they're anything like UK they will insist on Structural Engineer designed beams/calcs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local