Need help! Automatic gearbox problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my Rover 75 2.0 has an automatic gearbox problem. It drives forward fine and smooth, but in reverse it is like it has no power and slips and basically I can't back up onto the curb. Could it be a change of oil?

Can anybody recommend any garages in London that could help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Other than an exchange gearbox, the only thing I would recommend is a change of transmission oil and a filter clean (the filter usually lurks inside the gearbox, so its a sump off job to do this.)
Obviously check the oil level first - the engine has to be running when this is done.
John :)

My husband had a similar problem in his car, as in reverse it became very slow and couldn't manage a steady speed. We took it to a small garage in London who were very good! My husband said he was surprised by the quality of service done in a short space of time.

Contact these, and speak to mike.
www.automaticman.co.uk

Sponsored Links
I have just got off the phone to Mike at Automatic Man. He says it is a easy fix and I have booked my car in for repair.
Happy days! Thanks @JulieW20 for your recommendation.

Am I the only one that thinks this thread is a crafty way of pitching an ad without it being got at by the mods?

2 new users, both joined and posted on the same day, how convenient. Call me suspicious but .... :rolleyes:

Back