Need help cutting wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a piece of wood - the top off an old dressing table - that I need to cut into three pieces, each cut would be 38cm long, I was hoping they might run it through their nice big machine at homebase but (obviously) the insurance doesn't cover them cutting wood they didn't sell..... :rolleyes:
So I need to find the best (easiest, cheapest) way of cutting two straight lines, suggestions would be much appreciated! the only equipment I already have is a jigsaw, but not sure if that's suitable for the job really.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Jay64 :D :D :D

have you got a picture off the top
it may be veneered rather than solid timber
what exactly are the bits for ??

circular saw and baton best for the job

heeelllooo and welcome Jay64 :D :D :D

have you got a picture off the top
it may be veneered rather than solid timber
what exactly are the bits for ??

circular saw and baton best for the job

Thanks Big All :) I don't have a photo handy but I'm pretty sure it's pine wood, the idea is to cut the middle bit out so I just have two bedside table type drawers to paint up :)

are you sure it will come apart ok and indeed go back together as you wish??

Sponsored Links
are you sure it will come apart ok and indeed go back together as you wish??

yeah i think so, already taken apart - it was either this or chuck it out so thought i'd give it a go :)

Take it to any carpenters or most kitchen supliers they will cut it for a few pennies ic you dnt feel able

Thanks everyone! I've found a chap on the local ind est who'll do it for a fiver so I'll pop round there :) Thanks for your replies! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back