Need help ! Glow worm 2 30cxi .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ,

I have a glow worm boiler with the wireless remote . The problem I’m getting is that when I over ride it , I have to put the temperature to above 20c as it won’t come on under that . And some days when I’ve put the program on it doesn’t come on unless it really is a cold day.

I’m trying to figure out how to lower the thermostat temperature because it must be set to 20 because if I set it any temperature under 20 it doesn’t come on . Then if I go 20.5 it starts to come on .

Any one got any ideas ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What is the actual room temperature where the thermostat is located? if it's already 20 degrees (or more) at that location it won't switch the heating on, that's how thermostats work, they turn off the heating when the set temperature is reached.

Well my controller is mounted in the hall the coldest place in the house , but the room temperature commonly sais 20c . Which makes me think is the thermostat in the kitchen where my boiler is fitted .

And I was thinking could I set the thermostat temperature to like 16 - 18 so my radiators are not allways boiling hot , would be nice just have them on just warm . But I don’t know where the thermostat is or how to change the setting .

Sponsored Links
The room thermostat is just a simple switch. It turns the radiators on and off, and that's it. That is all that it does, nothing else.

If the room thermostat is set to 20 degrees C, when the room in which it is located is below 20 degrees C, it will switch the heating 'on'. When the room temperature is more than 20 degrees C it will turn the heating 'off'.

The idea, is that you set the thermostat to the temperature you would like the room to remain at, and the thermostat switches the heating 'on' and 'off' to maintain the selected room temperature.

The room thermostat has no control of how hot the radiators get when they are on. That is a function of the boiler thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back