Need help in finding the right 28.5mm waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help in finding the right connector

I have bought a used Jacuzzi bath and found the waste pipe of a different size then you would normally find

It’s a flexible waste hose which at the trap is the normal 40mm but the other end is only 28.5 or there a bout’s

At the trap it look like it’s glued/melted on (like from manufacturing new) and cannot be taken off

Is there a connector to get this one back from 28.5 to 40mm solvent

The 28.5 is the inside measurement, compression will not work as the sleeve is very thin and flexible (the like you see on the end of a washing machine waste hose) so therefore it needs something to go into the pipe and then fixed with a jubilee clip

I only have seen the 28.5 for caravan waste pipe

Sponsored Links
Can you change the waste to a standard version that will accept 40mm waste and trap? It'll be painfully slow to empty through a 28mm pipe!

If you must keep the current setup, would 28mm copper fit? Use a short piece of 28mm, fit a 28x32 reducer to that, then a compression waste coupling to solvent.

I had another look at it tonight

what it thought was 40mm is actually as well 28mm, I had to lay under the bad to see it, and must have mismeasured it. now i have put the bath on some blocks, hence i could measure it better

and yes 28mm would drain very slow, that i agree - therefore i cannot understand this set-up

but yes 28mm copper to 32mm and then compression will work

Sponsored Links
I did check if it was a loose overflow pipe, but it was not

Also after raising the bath more, I could properly measure up the hose as connected to the trap and that was 28mm as well and that was a solid connection (glued – hot melted on – as from new)

So I went for the copper reduction solution

Untitled by mcluma, on Flickr

Bought a 42mm to 28mm reduction and soldered a piece of 28mm pipe in as to make a good connection to the plastic waste pipe

Connected the copper with a 42mm compression fitting to the 42mm solvent waste pipe

All now to do is complete the job with a jubilee clip

Untitled by mcluma, on Flickr

Thanks for the help in pointing out the copper route

Bet that copper part wasn't cheap! Glad you've sorted it, although probably going to take 24 hrs to empty through that size pipe, especially when it starts to clog up with hair/soap/etc..... :confused:

The 42 to 28mm wasn't that bad at £2.40

Had it all installed yesterday, tried it to see if it was all properly fixed and then i noticed that the bloody hose had a hole in it.

so all for nothing

I noticed that you actually can buy this hose

ux_a12041700ux0044_ux_g02.jpg

ux_a12041700ux0044_ux_c.jpg

but only from Australia

So now its back to the drawing board, i bought a 32mm compression fitting to see if i can get that to work, if not i need to buy the hose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back