Adding washing machine waste (should be easy)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a connection for my washing machine waste under my kitchen sink. I was going to lower the trap a bit so that I can put in a t-piece with a waste hose nozzle. I'm using 40mm plastic pipe.

What can I use to connect a piece of 40mm pipe to the threaded part of the basin waste? The only thing I have that connects is the top of the trap. So I'll also need to connect the 40mm pipe to the trap somehow.

If your having trouble picturing what I want to do, I want to go:

basin waste - connector - pipe -t-piece - pipe - connector - trap and away.

But what connectors?

Sponsored Links
Like this.
BwSqVgCGkKGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBKs6JqpbzQ_12.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply seco.

I guess this has a fitting on the top that will screw on to the basin waste. I have to pass the washing machine outlet hose (with an extension), through a cupboard with a drawer in it and reckon this might leave the connection a bit high. That was why I was going to put a short length of pipe between the waste and the t-piece.

I might just have to get one of these and hope that I get enough of a drop on the waste hose. Where is that from by the way?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy.

Again, I'm worried that this would leave the hose connector too high. But I'll give one of these options a try.

Thats a mcalpine v33s fitting.
Anyone who stocks mcalpine fittings will or can get one.

The trouble with fitting this in between the trap and sink it will lower the trap causing the trap outlet to be about 2" lower than the existing waste pipe.
Not to bad if all internal but if it go's through the rear wall then it will poss need lowering so the trap realigns.

Or buy a new trap with this spigot already built into the trap.

WM2_stdv8.jpg

As for the washing machine outlet hose needs to be a min of about 600mm height anyway before connecting to the waste outlet.

Give us a pic of under the sink now as it is.

You'll see from the photo that I have plenty of space to lower the trap. The top of the washing machine hose will be at about 850mm but will then need to drop a bit as it comes through the cupboard to avoid the drawer that you can just see in the top right of the photo.

Thats ok
i'd just change the complete trap for the one above with spigot.
straight change take 5 mins. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back