Need help volt guard on van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone need help so bad i have an impactg volt guard on my 2013 movano van i keeps shutting my vans power and engine down when i am driving now i cant even get the van to start have no power i keep reseting switch and nothing .have mailed company that fits these and nothing back off them iam loseing work because of this at my wits end

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately i have rang auto sparks who have told me i need a camper van conversions and they tell me its an auto sparks job and as for stripping out so many wires its a split feed system haven got a clue have tried to links it out with an in line fuse and its blown a 40 60 70 amp fuse

If it completely isolates the battery (decent thick cables?). Then it will pass 150 amps or more when starting!.

I have battery in boot on my car and use a 150 amp fuse.

Google "ANL fuse + holder", try a 150 amp fuse first but have a 200 amp spare.

Would be easy for a "decent" auto electrcian to remove it, maybe even a mobile towbar fitter would be worth a ring?.

Sponsored Links
Thanks keithmac i was told to go up to 70amp fuse anything after that could damage stuff but willing to try anything because when i linked out on a 70 amp she started up straight away but after about 10 to 20 secs it blew

I'd be concerned about what your doing if it blew once the engine was started and running for 20 seconds. If the fuse was just too small it would blow during cranking of the engine.
Is there more than 1 battery fitted to the van?

Yes 2 batterys as have a leisure batttery in back of van to all the volt guard has done is it breaks the loop on checking the loop runing off battery is coming off a 225 amp.ceramic fuse so in hine sight it would need a 220 amp to compete loop so makes sence why the fuse blew i think well looks right on paper not really sure if its right but i have to try i think lol

Back