NEED HELP!! Wiring Fan Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Im new here , i'll salute you before!

My question is :

I've installed a bathroom fan to exhaust the steam. All is fine exept the wiring ,

On my fan i've 4 wire (black(for blower), red (for light),white , copper ground.

My question is : How can I plug it direct to the wall where is existing a old plug. The old plug control the light on the wall and have 1 black and 1 white and ground copper connect to the switch.

For sure , I want that my 2 light show in same time , and the fan work separatly , thats why I want a 2 switch in one see picture
l5241-A-EA-2.jpg

I've make a wiring diagram (what i thing it should work) can you let met know if it seems to be ok or im very far from the answer (give me the right answer)
lightfant.jpg

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid your wiring diagram is completely wrong.

I take it from your description that at the original switch box there was just a single 2-core-plus-ground cable (black, white, bare) entering the box. Is that right? If so, then you can't just run your new cable from the switch to the new fan and connect to the existing wiring to achieve what you want. You'll need to replace the cable which drops down to the switch (most likely directly from the existing light) with one which is 3-core plus ground (black, white, red, bare).

Sponsored Links
Back