Need help with massive error drilling hole for soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've made a bit of a f**k up core drilling the hole for the new downstairs loo soil pipe... it's around 60mm too low and doesn't meet up with the bracket for the new wall hung frame. Really annoyed with myself, totally my own fault for rushing. Anyway, I figure I have 3 options to try and fix:

1. re-core the hole through the cavity wall in the correct position and patch (might need to replace a couple of bricks on the outside)

2. lower the toilet frame to meet the hole and hope it's not too weird having a really low loo

3. use an offset pipe behind the bracket, but as far as I can see they only offset by 40mm so the frame would still need lowering. There's also not a lot of room behind the frame (around 110mm)

Please help!! What's the best option in this situation, or is there something I haven't thought of?

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 120
Sponsored Links
I don’t have experience with frames, but you can get 40mm offset pan connectors, so maybe that could work?

Fast Forward to 1.35. After self admonishing, I'd accept you've made an almighty balls up and redo the hole in the correct position. Putting the WC in too low will cause issues, possibly every time you come to sit on it, (I think most of us expect a WC pan to be at a certain height and if it's too low, you'll sit down with a bit of a bump.

Easier in my view to redo the brickwork, than spend a lifetime regretting why you didnt.....

@Hugh Jaleak unfortunately I think you're right, anything other than re-doing the hole will feel like a bodge job... I guess I was hoping for some miracle cure that doesn't exist!

Sponsored Links
You will need to make a template to hold the core drill as you will not be able to pilot it with the drill bit...

Good point. I think you may be as well to chop the bricks out as required, get the pipe in the right position then make good again around it.

its just concrete block. stitch drill it higher .

Make a template
Drill the right size hole in some Ply or chip board then screw to wall and core from the inside.

I have an old plastic cutting board pre made.

Long Flexi with a bit off block knocked off inside if necessary.

I'm not sure you would get a flexible multi to bend so tightly.
Wicks do a two sizes of flexible multis that have a bit more give than the McAlpine it's worth a look. If the strain is too much then don't do it.

I like the idea of knocking a bit off the inside blocks (outer leaf is brick) and using a flexible pipe but am not sure I understand how they work tbh.. if other soil pipes have to be a very specific drop then how is that going to be ok

if you still have the brick plug that came out in your core drill, you can mortar it back into the hole for a good patch.

As far as drilling a new hole where one exists if a pilot cannot be used. 2 bits 2x2 at a right angle and screw to the wall. The right angle will hold the tube until it bites. I've even used my boots before. Lie back, boots on wall in a V to hold the tube until it bites.

As suggested though if you still have the old core then get it back in with some fast drying mortar, should be good to redo the next day. Much easier to match to the wall outside too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back