Need ideas for a P shaped bath panel renewal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The panel on our P shaped bath has yellowed with age. I’m looking for some inspiration for a refurb. I’m guessing a replacement panel might be awkward in getting the right profile to fit the P.
There’s a company on the net that sells a kit in the form of what looks like vertical lats that maybe interlock so you build it one end to the other. This appeals but the kit is about £250 which is just far too expensive. I wondered whether there is something in a UPVC profile board that would achieve the same result.

if anyone has any ideas I’m interested

Sponsored Links
Have you tried something like T-cut to remove the yellowing & then a good wax polish to restore the shine.

My previous post.

Just sorted one for my nephew, used soffit pvc, its twin walled so ripped the rear every panel to reduce it to single thickness which bends easily.
Lay ply or board over top edge to mark shape of curve , cut this out and fix to floor inline to hold the base of panel and finish with pvc trim to form a skirting. water proof and easily cleaned.
White silicon to seal all gaps.Best of all just £10 for plastic.
upload_2020-3-22_16-1-49-png.186486

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-bath-panel.541350/#ixzz6nDoHDYnb

Sponsored Links
The way it’s bowing on bend suggests you didn’t rip the rear of the panel to thin it?

My previous post.

Just sorted one for my nephew, used soffit pvc, its twin walled so ripped the rear every panel to reduce it to single thickness which bends easily.
Lay ply or board over top edge to mark shape of curve , cut this out and fix to floor inline to hold the base of panel and finish with pvc trim to form a skirting. water proof and easily cleaned.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-bath-panel.541350/#ixzz6nDoHDYnb

Hi, the vertical pieces were just the right thickness to “wedge” into the gap behind the horizontal front lip of the bath and piece bonded behind it originally to locate the previous bath panel. If you don’t have this second strip you could perhaps bond a lat onto the underside to support the rear of the vertical panels

My previous post.

I am desperate to fix my p bath panel and have come across your post several times. However I can only find sofit at 300mm which is not tall enough for my bath. Any ideas please?

I am desperate to fix my p bath panel and have come across your post several times. However I can only find sofit at 300mm which is not tall enough for my bath. Any ideas please?

I think you maybe misunderstood, the soffit comes in long lengths, you just cut section of the length to suit your 300mm, or whatever. It's rather like tongued and grooved floor boarding, the vertical edges, interlock together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back