need just a little help now i think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had some trouble with my potterton puma boiler which through time and new parts i tracked down to hot water flow switch have also managed to get a copy of the manual now
thing is my radiators get hot not but it takes a couple of hours and downstair still not getting as hot as they should have bled the system twice to make sure there is no air
i wondered could it be the wax stick or the pump
any help would be great as i only got today then i'm back at work

Sponsored Links
Should be easy to spot if the diverter is faulty. If it is stuck in HW mode the heating flow pipe is unlikely to get very hot and the boiler will probably cycle the burner on and off as it will reach temp very quickly.

Diverter/wax capsule faults are fairly common on them. If you are handy you can remove the diverter, strip it down and clean it which may help it. Often it's just as well to replace it as it can be a cow to get the locking nut off the backplate. You can remove the wax capsule seperately if you think it's at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back