Need some Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys newbie here!
Need some advice

Do plasterers always use beading around doors and windows and what is the purpose of this... I have had a quote he has very detailed description of what he wants to do and mentioned beading around corners which I assume to be doors and windows... He said this keeps the plaster straight, smooth.

I've had another chap round and when I asked if he would do this he claimed he did not know what I was talking about and this is not necessary... Is this right?

TIA :)

Sponsored Links
If number 2 doesnt know what corner beads are hes not a plasterer.

Corners can be done without beads or tapes but is time consuming.

Its preference at the end of the day you get straighter clean lines using beads but a good spread can get a good finish on corners without beads but they don't look as sharp as the beads do, not sure about the second spread not knowing about beads? Every spread uses them at some point, its up to you at the end of the day choose beads or no beads, I would be happy to do either

Thanks for the swift replies

I guess maybe I did not explain it well!

But I did say beads around the doors so he must of known what I was talking about!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back