Need some boiler / hot water advice

Canonbeck
Without any vested interest I would wholeheartedly agree with the choice of Intergas, I have had an HRE24 with a 150L Telford unvented cylinder for the best part of two years and as far as I am concerned it works exceptionally well. My house is a large 3 bed semi, solid walls and by no means as much insulation as you might like, and even today with minus something outside, I am perfectly warm and as much hot water as I need. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. BTW when I calculated heat loss using the Stelrad program it came out at 14.6kW, yours will be more I expect, but 39kW feels like a lot.
Regards
Martin

Sponsored Links
Thanks smuggles - although now I’m a little confused. I had assumed that the “Combi Compact ECO RF 24” was a combi boiler and if it is, how would that work with a tank?

Also, isn’t there more to go wrong with a combi over a system boiler?

I’ll read up on hot water priority bit - but it sounds straight forward…

Lastly, the Intergas site says that the ECO RF 24 is only good for 1-3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom - I’m guessing though that this will be more about its ability to heat water on the fly, as its a combi. Is that right? Will it be enough to heat mid-size (1900 sq ft) 4 bed house with 2 bathrooms and 14 (possibly rising to 16 with extension plans in the offing) rads?

Many thanks!

Ooh, one more question. The other brand of boiler thats coming through in my searching is the Viessmann which, if i understand it correctly, has an outdoor sensor that offers efficiency benefits. Does the intergas range have anything similar?

Cheers!
A bit late returning to the party, but as above it's more of a multifunction boiler than a combi...it can do everything. The only difference in an Intergas between a combi and a system boiler is two sensors and a length of copper pipe. That's it. As you're going to tell it that it's a system boiler in the software it'll ignore the two sensors, and the length of copper pipe will sit there quite happily being a length of copper pipe for the next 30 years. Set up as a hot water priority installation, you'll never run out of hot water and it'll heat your house very efficiently with OpenTherm controls attached too. Is it big enough? Probably, but a heat loss calculation will confirm. If it's borderline now and you're thinking of extending, go for the RF 30 instead

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back