Need to bend metal inside buggy frame so it holds wheel in place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I am looking for some advice on bending the piece of metal inside a buggy frame so the wheel can be secured properly every time. Product is outwith the warranty period unfortunately.

Pictures below showing what it should look like, and what the dodgy one looks like.

Good side:

IMG_20231001_183044.jpg
IMG_20231001_183103.jpg

Dodgy side:

IMG_20231001_183119.jpg
IMG_20231001_183124.jpg

I've used a flathead screwdriver to try and push it out but it never stays once it's pushed back. My assumption is that either the metal needs warmed, pushed, and then held so it cools in a new position, or I find a way to hold some material in there to push it out.

Anyone got any ideas? It's a Joie Nitro if that helps.

Sponsored Links
Poke into position, then pack with a piece of India rubber to keep in place but still allow movement.

Poke into position, then pack with a piece of India rubber to keep in place but still allow movement.
Cheers - that's a very simple and doable solution. Would it be worth using some adhesive for additional security?

Sponsored Links
The tie wraps would be inside, holding the spring in place, not outside at all, I think you misunderstood, or I explained it poorly.

I have since found that this is actually a clip which is only held inside the buggy frame through tension - it is not fixed to anything.

I think some long nose pliers should sort it by pulling it out and then reseating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back