Need to extract above cooker but only 150mm gap...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing an electric range into a chimney breast and need a solution for extraction. I've removed an old piece of cement board and the old flue from an Aga. Due to the chimney brickwork the aperture I have to work with is only about 150mm deep and there isn't even room to install a 52cm canopy hood.

I'm wondering about just installing a standard 150mm fan and venting straight back to the outside of the chimney breast. The main issue I can see with doing this is the lack of a grease filter so perhaps over time the fan is more likely to fail. I can't find a product with a grease filter

Any other ideas or links to suitable products gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Do it as you are thinking but build a frame around it that you can slide a grease filter into it. grease filter housing. Having said that I've had a similar set up behind an oven for many years without any problem. I suppose it will depend on the type of thing you normally cook on a hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back