need to move a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to move my existing toilet into a different position in the bathroom. I need to move it onto a differant wall about 5 to 6 feet away. I want to keep the extended pipework above the floor then box it in.

Can I extend the waste pipe with a bend in it and connect it to the existing waste and what sort of a fall does the new pipework require. Also is there anything else I need to take into consideration

Sponsored Links
The fall on the pipe should be 1 in 40, so that's 1 1/2" in 5 feet.
Check the pan outlet isn't going to end up too high from the finished floor level, or consider putting the pan on a plinth.

Incorporate rodding access in the run (If you don't, you will need it, but if you do it will never get used. That's just the general cussedness of nature).

Thanks for your reply. My main concern was about putting a 90 degree bend in the new pipework and getting a blockage in that corner so is there a bend with a rodding access that you would recommend.

I assume this also means that when I box this pipe in and tile it this will all have to be removable for access in case of blockages

Sponsored Links
One of these should do the trick.

If that is too close in the corner to get the cap off, try one of these just before the bend.

woodpecker7815 said:
I assume this also means that when I box this pipe in and tile it this will all have to be removable for access in case of blockages

Yes, otherwise you won't be able to access the rodding point :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back