need to move radiator 20cm to the right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i need to move my kithecn radiator 20 cm to the right. as i understand , to do that first i need to bleed the radiator then after work refill it using the loop. i got Glow Worm Swifflow 75/80 boiler. after reading lots of post i made a list of the thing i need to do to complete the task. can you guys let me know if they are the right way.

1 make sure boiler is off at the electric main so boiler wont try to fire up.
2 find drain cock
3 fit hose and open cock,
4 open all air vents on radiators to let air in so system will drain properly, starting with the highest rad
5 close all air vents on rads, when drained.
6 carry out pipework
7 put recomended rust inhibitor in system via a radiator.
8 connect the filler loop
9 open filler loop, to re-fill system
10 vent all radiators, start with lowest rad
11 re open filler loop,continue filler loop and bleed until all rads done
9 switch on boiler.

do i need to check auto vent on boiler is open or close ???
also do i need to bleed the pump?

thanks again but appreciate, a final check of my checklist would be a great help.
i have attached a photo of the radiator
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Long drawn out process for just moving the rad - but if your not confident then yes the process is correct and yes you will need to bleed the pump. The AAV should be open anyway.

Long drawn out process for just moving the rad - but if your not confident then yes the process is correct and yes you will need to bleed the pump. The AAV should be open anyway.

thanks for the quick reply..
what other better or if possible shorter way to do it . plz do enlight.

bleeding the pump could be a problem as the pump facing wrong way. i cannot access the screw that i need to turn to bleed it.
attached a photo of the boiler.
any other way around it would be appreciated.

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Whitespirit quite correct - I'm not expert on your boiler. First question though will you be attempting soldering or are you a compression man and do you have isolation under the boiler on the flow and return pipes?

Whitespirit quite correct - I'm not expert on your boiler. First question though will you be attempting soldering or are you a compression man and do you have isolation under the boiler on the flow and return pipes?

it does have isolation valve under the boiler on the flow and return pipes. why do you ask?

i was thinking of commpression fitting as soldering on a wet pipe does not bond as told by many post.
what do you recommend?
i have attahed a photo of the isolation valve i think under the valve.

thanks

[GALLERY=media, 32246][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 32247][/GALLERY]

Problems with Diynot apparently so I could not reply. Soughted out now. Looking at the photos I cannot see any isolation valves, where the pipe join the boiler. They just look like straight compression couplings. Due to age, even if they can be isolated, turning them off, could make them weep incurring more cost, so best leave alone.

I suggest keeping with your origional list for safety sake. Don't forget to add a inhibitor to the system when you refill it. If you do drain down the system via the drain off below the rad, it would be a good idea to replace the washer, before you start refilling.

Hope this information is of help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back