Need to remove my Worcester 240 off the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys. Hope someone may be able to help. I am having some replastering works done shortly and need to remove the boiler completely off the wall so that the plasterer can complete his works. All connections have been disconnected and I assumed that the boiler would, for want of a better phrase "hang" on a metal plate which is fixed to the wall? I have therefore tried to lift the boiler in an upwards direction but its going absolutely nowhere.

Anyone know how the unit is removed off the wall? Do I need to disconnect the flue externally, as I'm thinking that maybe this is blocking it from moving upwards and off the fixing plate. Are there fixings inside the casing itself? although I have to say particularly at the top, there doesn't appear to be much access inside if they are there.

Hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
As well as the hanging plate at the top of the boiler,they usually have a couple of fixing points near the bottom of the boiler but you will have to look for them-if you remove the casing and look near the bottom on each side you should see some fixings which need to be removed. You will also definitely need to remove the flue elbow from the top of the boiler if it has one. You should really get a RGI when the time comes to put it all back together again to re-comission the boiler.

Thanks for your response Chr15.

There are two small lugs which stand down from the bottom of the boiler body against the wall (ie back behind where all the pipework connections are made) but no fixings have been put through these.

I think I know which type of flue you are referring to but the flue on my boiler does not come up vertically from the top and turn through 90 degrees to go through the wall, it actually comes out of the back of the boiler (located up towards the top of the unit) and goes horizontally directly out of the hole in the external wall. I think I need to remove the flue cover externally and pull out the flue itself which I assume may be siliconed to the boiler, unless somebody tells me otherwise

I have already previously removed the front cover of the boiler but I can't see any other fixings in towards the back of the unit which would appear to be securing it to the back plate.

Rest assured I will be getting my CRI to reinstall the boiler. I will not be doing this.

Would appreciate any further advices

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back