Need to turn off water feed, Help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We recently had our very old back boiler condemned, which is downstairs at the back of the gas fire.
So for hot water we are using the immersion heater.
But to make matters worse we have a leak in the loft from the water tank that feeds the radiator system, now I need to stop it refilling, I have lifted the ball cock but the stop ball cock is old and just slightly dripping, there fore over a few days refilling the rad system, then the water tank start to leak again.
My Question is the is a stop tap next to hot water storage in the airing cupboard, is this the feed for only the Radiator tank or would this supply water to both the rad tank and the hot water storage?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Sponsored Links
If there's a stopcock near the cylinder this would probably feed both the large cold water cistern and the smaller feed and expansion cistern.
Isolate with this stopcock and cap off the pipework feeding the smaller cistern.

Thank for reply Gasguru, It does look like it feeds both, just been looking again at it, will try and cap it off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back