needles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

This is my first post so bear with me haha............

ok so I've got a goalpost steel frame to install in the back wall of my house to open into the extension I'm building, I considered having the steel beam 'flush' with the existing ceiling but after considering having to needle through our en-suite bathroom which has floor to ceiling tiles etc etc we decided we could live with a small nib.

my question is I plan to use the smallest possible needles in order to keep the steel beam as close to the floorboards as poss- meaning a smaller nib.

Does anyone know if a 100 x 55 universal beam would be strong enough to use as a needle I plant to support both skins on each needle. (the wall is thermal block (both skins) with 20mm render???????

Thanks for any help

David

Sponsored Links
Should be plenty as long as they're not too long and not spaced too far apart. I'd say max 1m.

Yes. 100x55x8kg

Just to add; not Corus though. But lots of steel stock suppliers list them.

Sponsored Links
Yes. 100x55x8kg

Just to add; not Corus though. But lots of steel stock suppliers list them.

Thanks.
Never seen them in the standard tables. Would you happen to know who - if anyone - provides tables of properties?

Hi guys thanks for getting back to me, I managed to speak to my se and he gave me the go ahead for that size needle at 600mm centres!

Went and picked some up cost me £80 for them to cut me 8 @ 1m long so happy days!

Re the properties, it's all Dutch to me but useful bit of kit to have if you want smaller nibs without punching through room above. In my case I'll have about 112mm of nib and I could always drop the ceiling to get it flush if need be!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back