neff 1382 pls help

I think he means a hob with multiple connections where for the UK you have to link out the live terms and also the neutral terms.

Don't they give you metal links to use?

Also, if the cable runs in the loft, will it be covered by insulation for any part of the cable run?

Sponsored Links
so right securespark! thanks.. Q. do u no the solution for these connections, cos the 6mm2 is too thick to multiply, i thought i could split it, but sounds wrong? the 6mm2 cable run is NOT covered by insulation .
thanx

hi all! got interested in your question since i have just put a cooker in. 6mm sq cable is ample, to connect the coker, blue wire goes into the N(neutral) brown into L(phase) and obviously earth. for 7.5kw load then ideal using 35amp fuse or next one up available. don't forget that the fuse purpose is to protect the wire. do not wire both the brown blue cables into the N terminal,thats dangerous.

kammy said:
hi all! got interested in your question since i have just put a cooker in. 6mm sq cable is ample, to connect the coker, blue wire goes into the N(neutral) brown into L(phase) and obviously earth. for 7.5kw load then ideal using 35amp fuse or next one up available. don't forget that the fuse purpose is to protect the wire. do not wire both the brown blue cables into the N terminal,thats dangerous.

Please note: the above is not advice to be taken as "gospel"

Sponsored Links
kammy said:
hi all! got interested in your question since i have just put a cooker in. 6mm sq cable is ample, to connect the coker,
Surely that depends on the cooker? Are you not worried that a blanket statement like that could be wrong?

blue wire goes into the N(neutral) brown into L(phase) and obviously earth.
Not sure I like the sound of "brown into L and obviously earth".

Oh - and other colour schemes are available.

for 7.5kw load then ideal using 35amp fuse or next one up available. don't forget that the fuse purpose is to protect the wire.
I think that forgetting is just what you've done. What if the installation method, or grouping or ambient temperature correction factors have reduced the capacity of the cable to less than 35A, let alone the next one up?

yes correct in regards to the different colours available to the wiring but at present it is brown and blue for phase and neutral respectivie for the uk, we are in single phase for domestic. 3 phase a completely differeny story.as for regards to the ambient temperature, the uk rarely goes over 30 degreees and if i remember rightly the working environment given in the IEE is around 27 degrees, wires works better uninsulated since it can disperses heat to the environment,that is when wires being grouped together has a different loading capacity. each site is different yes, but we are at present talking about this mentlemans problem with his new hob. also i'm not writing a bible,i'm just telling the gentleman what to do. also inregards to the fuse,say 7.5kw load, that will require a protection of 32 amp fuse, that don't exist but a 35amp does,so a 35amp fuse is used to protect the wire. also the cables has a safety margin of around 10pcent.

kammy said:
also inregards to the fuse,say 7.5kw load, that will require a protection of 32 amp fuse, that don't exist but a 35amp does,so a 35amp fuse is used to protect the wire

32A MCB (what most people have in their homes nowadays - consumer units, not fuses)
You could use a 30A fuse, depending on whether all heater elements will be on at once.

Your original post didn't make much sense, and frankly, i think its a bit irresponsible and dangerous for you to come on here and start saying things like this when there are DIYers reading, who may know next to nothing about electrics except what they READ on here (many simply look for advice - they dont post), then go away and do a job badly, based on your blanket advice, seemingly for ALL cookers.

6mm sq cable is ample, to connect the coker,
even one with 12KW total load?

blue wire goes into the N(neutral) brown into L(phase) and obviously earth.
some may still be using old colours and since when do we connect live to earth - not sure this would work :rolleyes: but then again, we could replace the fuse with a spanner or something - it might work for a few minutes then before burning the house down, but tis not really worth it for a plate of half-cooked chips is it?

kammy said:
yes correct in regards to the different colours available to the wiring but at present it is brown and blue for phase and neutral respectivie for the uk,
So all the existing red/black installations have been rewired with harmonised colours have they?

as for regards to the ambient temperature, the uk rarely goes over 30 degreees and if i remember rightly the working environment given in the IEE is around 27 degrees,
Part of the run is in the loft. Ever been in a loft in the height of summer?

wires works better uninsulated since it can disperses heat to the environment,
Bit dangerous though, uninsulated wires? ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back