Neff B1120W1GB/01 fan cooker replacing element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a replacement element (the one surrounding the fan at the back of the oven) but I can't get the old one out.

The problem seems to be the hexagonal shaped bolt on the left - see picture of new element. It is the last thing holding the old element in but I can't remove it. It looks like a bolt but is almost flush with the housing so a spanner is no good, and checking on the new element the 'bolt' doesn't seem to unscrew anyway. My only guess is that there is a nut screwed onto it on the other side holding it in and I will need to go in thru the back of the oven.

Is this correct or does anyone have a better idea.

Thanks in advance.

neff1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes it'll unscrew from the back, and you need into the back for the wiring anyway.

Sponsored Links
Should be, just ensure you have the power isolated. Oh & make sure you take a pic or make a note of where the wires go on the element so you know where to connect them to once you have fitted the new element.

Last edited:
Further - pulled the cooker out from under the units and took the back off. No surprise there was a nut on the hexagonal bolt that had to be undone. The earth connection is looped round the rear side of the hexagonal bolt and obviously pings off when you remove the old element. It's buried under insulation so it would be quite easy not to realise that there's an earth connection there and replace the element without reconnecting the earth. Fair to say that to mess around with cookers you should really be 'a competent person'.

Problem though - the new element doesn't work either. I haven't tested whether current is reaching the plugs I plugged into the new element.

Anyone any ideas of the next step?

Though the cooker is aging and scrapping it is an unpainful option.

Thanks again

So are you saying you did not check the old element for continuity nor if it had a supply to it before ordering a new one? Repair by guesswork can turn out to be an expensive venture. It is not unheard of for new parts to be faulty but you need to carry out the relevant tests to prove it faulty before complaining to the supplier. If you are not competent or have the correct equipment to work on appliances then I'm afraid your next step is to call in someone who has.

Ensure the clock/timer is set and working. That's caught a few people out, including me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - probs going to go with a new cooker.

The timer doesn't seem to be the issue.

My OH supervised the operation and she is competent having completely rewired a two-storey house in her younger days. We took a punt that it would be the element as that seems to be the most common failing, and, staying away from Neff spare parts, was pretty cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back