Neff circotherm oven GB-1038.11 HCFG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a couple of weeks ago when we had a problem with our oven which turned out to be with the element. We managed to replace the element without much trouble and the oven has been fine, until now. There is a very loud noise coming form the oven when in use and it appears to be related to the fan. We have had a look at it today but can not see anything wrong, the fan does not seem to be catching on anything and is moving freely on the spindle, the nut holding it is fixed tightly. I have used the oven again today and it is still making a noise but not as loudly as yesterday (I was waiting for it to kick in). The noise starts as the fan starts to work (a couple of seconds after oven is switched on), it is a screeching sort of noise which seems to come and go.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as we are going to have another look at it tomorrow.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Possibly the cooling fan located behind the controls.Its a long cylindrical fan which might need lubricating.

Good afternoon and thanks for your reply.

We have located the cooling fan by taking the back off the oven. It is a bit grimy but when turned by hand doesn't seem to be sticking on anything. We have cleaned it as best we could whilst 'in situ' as we could not see how to remove it. Unfortunately, we do still have the noise problem. I can only assume that this happens when the fan turns at speed. It definitely is coming from this fan rather than the actual oven fan as it still happens when only the grill is operating.

Do you know if we should be able to remove the cooling fan completely, and how, and where should we be looking to lubricate?

Thanks

If its not worn out,a bit of WD40 on the end bearings should quieten it down.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. Fan didnt appear worn, we did apply a little WD40 (perhaps not enough) this am. Have used the oven this evening and now have a slight chirruping sound ( as if I was roasting canaries). Perhaps we will try some more WD40 tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks for your time.

Finally sorted out the noisey fan today. Now all is back to normal. We used some more WD40 and then noticed that the actual 'fan' had moved to one end of the housing (probably caused when we had to change the element a couple of weeks ago, we might have knocked it). Anyway, just made sure that the fan was away from the edges of the housing when we put it all back together and we no longer need to wear ear-defenders in the kitchen!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back