Neff combination microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me the correct procedure please!

When the house was rewired we did not have the appliances so advised the electrician on what they would be and now I am not sure if I have a problem.

The built in combi microwave he said would be fine on one of the kitchen socket rings (2.5T&E), now I have the appliance it states the following:

The lead must be protected by a 16 AA-type fuse (l-type MCB). Now am I correct in thinking that this means I can't put a plug on to it and plug in to the ring?

Further down it states that, Multiway adaptors, free connectors and extension cables may not be used.

The power is:

Power supply 230v
Total connected load 3240w
Micro output 1000w
Radiant grilling 2000w
Hot air 1950w
Frequency 2450 MHz.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If that's what the manual states then that's what you need. Seen as the largest fuse you can put in a standard FCU or plugtop is 13A then unfortunately there is no way to run this microwave from your existing ring final. You will have to run a dedicated radial, probably in 2.5mm, back to a 16A breaker in your consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back