Neff dishwasher, How do I check the heating element ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently got a Neff dishwasher, model number S5453X1GB/50 that only pumps cold water around the system. A common problem seems to be the PCB, but I've checked it and everything seems to be fine, no obvious scorch marks or burns. I've taken a few piccies just to be sure....

7175290174_e14c709f64_z.jpg

7175289540_1b2316b0e9_z.jpg

7175287186_26a86dfd7e_z.jpg

I want to check the heating element, so where/how etc ?? ta

Sponsored Links
You say you have checked PCB have you had it out of the plastic box?if so to access the element you will need to remove the right hand side panel.

You say you have checked PCB have you had it out of the plastic box?if so to access the element you will need to remove the right hand side panel.

Ah no, I haven't !! I'm assuming the pcb is housed inside the brown box yeah ?

Yes,make a note of the connections and remove them.Unclip the box, usually there is a pop on the track on heater relay.

Sponsored Links
Right, here's a couple of pics. Looks like I have indeed popped one of the solder joints on a relay. I'm assuming I just resolder it and that's it ? Or is it goosed ?? Cheers

7221200820_302d3e33e4_c.jpg

7221193748_6521edc77e_c.jpg

Clean it up the best you can,then solder it.There is a chance the relay has had it but nine times out of ten it will work.If it still doesn't heat send the board to EMW for repair

Clean it up the best you can,then solder it.There is a chance the relay has had it but nine times out of ten it will work.If it still doesn't heat send the board to EMW for repair

Cleaned it up... soldered it... and hey presto it works ! Chuffed to bits, the missus already had her eye on a new one.... £400 saved right there. Thanks for your help... hopefully the photos on this thread will be of use to others on here.

Who exactly are EMW by the way ?

EMW feature heavily on this website repairing and testing mostly washing machine PCB,s,also they do no heat faults on dishwasher PCB,s.Based in the midlands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back