NEFF Dishwasher - no lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

My Neff S5433X0GB/13 dishwasher stopped working the other day.

No lights on control panel.

Later that evening it appeared to come back to life but only ran for approx ten minutes.

Next morning it seemed to be okay so loaded up and switched on, this time it didn't drain and once again no lights on the machine.

When switching on it does, sometimes, sound as if I can hear a clunk, solenoid?

Still no lights.

Is this likely to be the control board?

I am happy to replace that but as they are fairly expensive items it would be nice to be sure before I end up spending money unnecessarily.

Appreciate any comments.

Sponsored Links
When the appliance has been working (even intermittently) Do the lights come on?
I would first check electrical connection at both ends of flex on appliance and also at the socket-outlet. It is not impossible that a conductor is loose and sometimes due to vibration and heat, causing expansion and contraction that the conductors maybe disconnecting and reconnecting.
It is the first and simplest step to take to confirm this.
Then if things are still the same, further investigation on the PCB can be made.
Is the appliance covered under any warranties?

When it was working the lights were on as normal.

Long since out of warranty - it is about 12 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back