Neff Dishwasher Pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Neff dishwasher which starts the programme for a short while and fills up the bottom with water, but then stops. It doens't seem to drain.

I've removed the filters as per the manual and removed the T20 screw and checked the pump outlet, but there's no blockage.

The impeller in the outlet seems to turn freely and the outlet waste pipe is nice and high on the u-bend on the sink with no apparant blocks or kinks.

The ENR number is S5443X2/UK01 and I'm starting to suspect the pump. any other tests I can carry out to find out for sure?

I've looked on e-spares and there's either a whole pump or a drain pump so I'm not sure which I would need. Also, do you know whether the machine (integrated) would need to be removed in order to replace the pump(s)?

Many thanks in advance.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Is the sink spigot clear?
You can access/change the pump from the front but you'll need to remove the door fascia to get enough room to work. Once the door furniture is off remove the kick-plate at the bottom. Once off you can get to the pump. Be sure to empty the sump before taking out the pump, but be aware some water will run out! The pump is twist fitted with a locking tag. You could find that a rogue piece of glass or similar is causing your problems but if you do need a new pump either of these will fit http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=423048 That's a big price difference between a genuine & pattern spare :eek:

Many thanks zipper.

Do you mean the water inlet feed to the machine, or the waste to the ubend under the sink?

I'm amazed at the price difference between the two items, so thanks. How do I know whether its the large White unit at the bottom or the smaller impeller pump you linked to?

Regarded
Peter

I spoke to NEFF who were very good and said that 9/10 it is a blockage in the waste which the flood prevention system detects a pressure build up and doesn't allow any more water in. I removed the ubend and found an airfix paintbrush....

I also removed the waste pipe into the ubend and blew back down it and bubbles came up in the dishwasher base (no residue present). I also ran the unit with the waste disconnected and running into a bucket.

I have also removed the mains water pipe which has an air gap device connected. This has a single black wire which goes into the base which is filled with green waterproofing of some sort. There's no obvious blockage in the air gap, but I gave it a hefty tap just to make sure. I also removed the filters inside the brass nut and they were cleaned out but weren't clogged up.

If I reset the unit on the front panel and restart the programme, the water is emptied quickly without issue.

However, the machine still partly fills up to the bottom of the unit and then stops. I can hear clicking and a constant low level whir, as if it's trying to do something, but it's failing to go any further.

Do these further results help anyone pinpoint the fauult any further?

Regards
Peter

Sponsored Links
This sounds more like a wash motor fault rather than a drain issue. The whirring/clicking noise is most likely from the "water points". This is the device that shuttles the flow of water alternately between the upper & lower spray arms. If it fills to normal level & the water points kick in then the missing element is flow via the wash motor. Does the motor hum or get warm?

Hi
It's an integrated appliance so I can't tell if the motor gets warm, but after the initial full I can hear a constant hum with a few clicks inbetween and something trying to run..

Is it a simple replacement or should I bite the bullet and get a neff call out? £89 plus parts.

Really up to you how you want to proceed but to fault-find the problem further the machine has to come out. These machines are a little awkward to work on if you have to remove the motor. If your wash motor is indeed faulty it could be something as simple as a blocked impellor or a bad capacitor. If you are unlucky...something more expensive.

I have a NEFF dishwasher which is approximately 10 years old. It continues to work well but recently there is now a problem with draining some of the excess water following the completion of the whole cycle. Initially, I thought this may be a blockage so I disassembled the connnected pipes under the kitchen sink, cleaned them, put them back into place thinking that this was the solution to the problem. Unfortunatlly, it was not. Although it was beneficial cleaning out the pipes (a lot of gunk) this was not the solution to the problem. The next hisng which came to mind was the pump. I hope that I do not come across as silly, but where is the pump located in order for me to see it, take a reading of the parts number and perhaps see if there is a possibility that I can order one from here?....Otherwise, does anyone else have any thoughts about this...

Thanks,

Kev. :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back