Neff Dishwasher Tap Light Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model S511A50X1G/51

I will start by saying that the dishes have had white residue on them for about a month before the actual fault appeared, like they hadn't been rinsed. Also and I do not if it was coincidence, but the machine was running and my RCD tripped and after that the following fault manifested itself. So I do not whether it was cause or effect.

Fault:
The machine starts, fills and drains on all cycles, it just stops near the end on the flashing tap symbol with bleeping. I have removed the water inlet filters and cleaned, I have removed the pump cover and checked for obstructions and that impeller rotates freely, I checked the drain pipe, I have measured the inlet water flow to be way more than required, I have left it switched off for a day at mains, I have ran on every cycle and the fault is consistent with the tap flash towards the end of the cycle. Machine is a few weeks out of warranty. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your, sorry been all kinds of busy since I posted. I take it I can just pull it open mid cycle and check. I would say now that you say that, I haven't noticed any steam or anything. That would probably explain why everything was coming out white, as the detergent wasn't getting fully dissolved. I take it there is a heating element or pump somewhere that took out the RCD when it finally coughed. I am going to be gutted as even though the warranty is just out, I only fitted 1 year ago. Poor show if something has gone faulty in that time.

It has a heat pump which fail . I would have a go at Neff if it's just out of warranty. Some Neff products have a 2 year warranty. If you want to be sure it's not heating put it on the quick wash and shut the dispenser, after you hear the dispenser open give it 10 mins. or so and open the door. Should be warm by then.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely freezing, no heat at all. Just about to strip and check the pump. I assume it will be open circuit in failure?

If you search my posts by name, assuhors, you will find how to test the heat pump, but you will need a test meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back