NEFF Double Fan Oven fan problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model U1744SOGB 01

Bought as I was hoping for an easy fix, but now looking for a bit of advice.

The problem arose when someone changing a bulb shorted out the element.

The fan in the bottom oven never turns with the switch in any position. Theres no voltage to it, so I'm assuming thats ok.

The lights for the bottom oven only come on when grill and fan selected. They dont come on if you put the fan oven on, or if you select the lights to come on themselves.

The fan oven element heats up fine, but eventually the cooker rcd trips.

I've had the cct boards off and there is no sign of any damage on them, so I'm hoping they're fine.

The only sign of any problems are what looks like arcing between the rear of the element and the cooker framework.

Has anyone experienced similar? and would changing the element be worth a go first?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Oven elements often break down & trip rcd's under load conditions & when they have heated up so there is a good chance that it is faulty. Whether that will cure your other problem I cannot say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back