Neff oven U1421 - what a disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I moved into my house just over 3 years ago and in that time I have replaced the following on my Neff oven which came with the house:
- heating element (4 times!)
- thermostat
- fan

Now, I've just found out tonight that the oven isn't heating up again so I'm guessing it will need another element (the last once was only replaced 3 months ago..).

Does anyone have any idea what is causing it to have so many problems? Is it time to bite the buillet and just buy a brand new oven?? :cry:

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you buying official authentic parts? I find it hard to believe there was a problem with the stat as having worked on these appliances for several years i have yet to change a stat for failure!What are you cleaning the oven with?

Are you buying official authentic parts? I find it hard to believe there was a problem with the stat as having worked on these appliances for several years i have yet to change a stat for failure!What are you cleaning the oven with?

No, our local repairman recommended not using Neff parts as they are more expensive and the ones he has supplied are exactly the same. I was thinking (even before reading your post) that perhaps it's worth buying a Neff element this time so at least I would have some recourse with Neff if it does fail again so quickly. Perhaps I have a dud oven, or perhaps I'm using a dud repairman!

If you use official Neff repair you get a 12 month guarantee with the part they replace.It will cost you more 70 quid call out plus part but it may be worth it.

Sponsored Links
Unless times have changed,any part changed in 12 months is covered by call-out ,labour,work time units,cup of tea time etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back