Neff single built under oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a new oven and the fan is working and it heats up but not to correct temperature - lower than it should be. Any ideas of what this could be ?
There is a lot of heat coming out from above the oven door not from the door. Does anyone know if this is normal ?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it is a new oven, might it not be a good idea to give Neff a bell and let them sort out the problem?

If it is a new oven, might it not be a good idea to give Neff a bell and let them sort out the problem?
Yes, thank you, it might be but I'd rather have another view on whether this is normal before I rack up costs - premium rate telephone and a call out charge even under warranty !

Yes you will get billed for a call-out if there is nothing wrong with it & rightly so.
As you didn't provide any model details we don't even know which oven you have, which makes it difficult to answer anything.
Have you read your user manual? How do you know it isn't reaching correct temperature?

Sponsored Links
Yes you will get billed for a call-out if there is nothing wrong with it & rightly so.
As you didn't provide any model details we don't even know which oven you have, which makes it difficult to answer anything.
Have you read your user manual? How do you know it isn't reaching correct temperature?

Oh yes thank you - I completely forgot to put it in - The model number is B45M62NOGB.
Yes I have read the user manual and I have tested the temperature with a cooker oven thermometer.
I agree that call outs should be charged for if there is nothing wrong. However, my understanding from the user manual is that during the warranty period, they bill you even if there is something wrong with it.

No...I think you have misunderstood something. If the oven is in warranty period & it develops a fault then you will NOT be charged for any repair. That is the whole point of a guarantee. That said...tell us more about the discrepancy in temperature you mentioned. What temp setting did you select, what was the actual oven temp when you measured it. Very often we get complaints that new ovens don't bake properly (like the old one did). Usually it turns out to be nothing & the end user gets a bill. Before you stick a couple of loaves, cake or anything else in an oven you should allow the thermostat to trip in & out at least a two/three times before you stuff your baking in. If you fill the oven as soon as the thermostat clicks out the first time the temperature will drop more. DP suggested you call Neff, I second that. Ask for advice, they are very helpful & will try to solve user issues without sending a service technician. TBH I suspect there is nothing wrong with the product, you just have to get familiar with using it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back