NEFF U1721 Fan Oven replacing Element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My NEFF U1721N0GB/02 fan oven element needs replacing. There are three screws holding it. Two are visible, the third is hiding behind the fan. The nut in the centre of the fan seems stuck. It isn't a left-hand thread or anything is it? I don't want to force it.

Sponsored Links
Aha! It is a left-hand thread. I was tightening the nut instead of loosening it.

Now, any tips on how to get the fan off the spindle? It seems to be corroded onto it.

Spray WD40 or similar on the shaft and grip the end of the shaft and keep spinning the fan until it becomes loose enough to pull off.

Thanks for that. Pity the oven is a low-level one. It is hard to think straight when you are scrabbling around on the floor with your weight on your elbows and head in the oven :)

Sponsored Links
That semi circular element with the hidden screw is only fitted on those floor level ovens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back