Neighbour consultation site plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to get consent from my neighbours to have an extension added to the side of my house.

The neighbour consultation scheme guidance doc from the council says I need to submit (among other things) a plan of the site, showing the proposed development.

What are they expecting? Do I need to get a draughtsman to draw up some plans, or can I knock something up myself? How detailed do the plans need to be and how accurate? Do I need to show the dimensions of the garden?

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

Sponsored Links
IIRC, the type and style of plan is not specified. For normal planning applications, you need (can buy) Ordnance Survey plans to scale.

The purpose is to show the proposed work in context to what is already there, so if you can do this, then it should be OK

Thanks.

Just to clarify I don't need planning permission as the proposed extension does not exceed dimensions of 3 x 6 meters, but what I do need is consent from my neighbours which needs to be done through the council neighbour consultation scheme.

Just to clarify, the reference to planning permission was to illustrate that to can buy site plans, rather than engaging a draughtsman

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I need to get consent from my neighbours to have an extension added to the side of my house.

The neighbour consultation scheme guidance doc from the council says I need to submit (among other things) a plan of the site, showing the proposed development.

The neighbour consultation scheme doesn't apply to side extensions.

Hi,

The neighbour consultation scheme doesn't apply to side extensions.

even if the the outer wall of the extension forms a boundary with the neighbours property?

You may need to apply the Party Wall Act if excavating close to your neighbour's property, or at least get a written agreement from them regarding the wall, but you don't need a site plan for this.

It is also nothing to do with the council, unless of course you need planning permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back