Neighbour has a noisy flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has had a new boiler fitted and the fan assisted flue is really noisy. Does anyone have any suggestions how it may be made quieter?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
A stategically placed tennis ball perhaps?........Only kidding, don't try this at home folks

Sponsored Links
Little or nothing you can do about it. A plume management kit might make a small difference, but not worth the effort.
It's a piece of junk, just get used to it.

if its constant/on for a large proportion of the day and very noisy then there are environmental sound rules that may be being broken. ;)

environmental sound levels for daytime are a lot higher than the noise thats going to give off.

if its constant/on for a large proportion of the day and very noisy then there are environmental sound rules that may be being broken. ;)
Unlikely that a new UK approved boiler will exceed the noise norm

environmental sound levels for daytime are a lot higher than the noise thats going to give off.

Could do if it's a Vaillant. :rolleyes:

Not sure what gregjones is playing at, but this is one of three posts about boilers.

...Not sure what gregjones is playing at, but this is one of three posts about boilers.
Now you mention it.
Did you notice that one is about HIS boiler,
One is about NEIGHBOURS' boiler,
And the other one is about an OCCUPANT.

And all that in one day.
It wouldn't be........., surely not. Must be a coincidence; I'm sure many people signed up today, and there are many that are called Jones.

I have just found this great site and had three questions. One on my own heating system, one on the neighbours flue and one on a rental property. Does anyone have a serious answer? Does anyone make an acoustic hood for a flue or similar?

I have just found this great site and had three questions. One on my own heating system, one on the neighbours flue and one on a rental property. Does anyone have a serious answer? Does anyone make an acoustic hood for a flue or similar?
I made one with bin bags twigs and double sided sticky tape. You are welcome to borrow it:cool:
Acoustic hood my erchie :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How it works is ;

You answer the questions, having made the original post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back