Neighbour removing chimney_question about ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I would like to get some advice about the ventilation for the chimney. Many thanks in advance!

Our chimney stack was removed by the neighbours as part of their big project. The proposed plan we received was to remove it to the roof level, cap it and install some vents. After noticing that there are 2 vent tiles on our roof, our neighbour decided to reduce the chimney below the roof line and made good the roof (we were not aware of this change until they finished and had to ask them explicitly). The argument from them is that the vent tiles on our roof provide adequate ventilation for both our loft and the remaining chimney (we have one vent in the chimney breast).

We wonder whether this change will cause any potential issues for us (such as damp caused by warm air condensation etc).

Any comments are much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Will make no difference whatsoever.

I love a nice chimney tho. I would not let my neighbour remove my chimney! - but each to their own.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back