Neighbour's Planning Surprise

If it's a non-attached outbuilding, probably not. If it's brick construction it will be constructed of substantially non-flammable materials, and with an external size of 6 x 5.5 it is likely to be 5.6 x 5.1 or so internally which is under the 30sqm internal floor area where building regs kick in.
Hi:the plans submitted to the Council indicate that the outer wall which affects us will be a double brick layer. The garage itself will be attached to their existing garage (which is attached to ours and shares a flatroof) at the rear and attached to his bungalow along the other side.

I imagine this will require fairly substantial foundations hence my concern about the retaining wall.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, I did wonder how Freddie managed to produce that drawing so quickly.....
Hahahahaha...... "it's a hard life", I'm_feeling "under pressure" with this nonsense,so "save me"...change of rock group.." I'm sending out an S.O.S".

Sponsored Links
Lovely neighbour has just knocked on our door, wants to make things "easy for us because we'll have to look at the garage". Husband said "Party Wall Act: phone your surveyor".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back