neon transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the transformer on a neon light, the spec on the transformer reads 1.5kv- e1.5 Ma 37

I have found a fart transformer rated at 2 kv 37Ma would this be an ok replacement , they also do a 1kv 37Ma would this work ?

thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
I have found a fart transformer rated at 2 kv 37Ma would this be an ok replacement ,
As long as the lamp won't explode/overheat/suffer degraded life when you give it 33% more volts than it's designed to take it'll be fine.

they also do a 1kv 37Ma would this work ?
As long as the lamp will still strike, and produce light of the right quality, and not suffer any problems when you give it 33% less volts than it's designed to take it'll be fine.

Maybe you should get a competent electrician.

maybe you shouldent bother replying if you cant be arsed .

Sponsored Links
You got the right answers though.

Whos the richard?

whats with the attitude ? if you dont want to give advice dont post, I can guarantee you would not call me that if I was stood in front of you.

be careful with neon tubes as they require the correct kv rating!

it sounds as though its a small neon sign, as most neons work from 5 kv up to 10 kv (split connections to cathods.)

the FART ones are the best to use,

if you over volt the neon it can fail but depends on the colour your using.

Oasis

thanks for the reply, yea its a small neon tube, I just spoke to a company that supplies transformers and got the information I need, at least I know I am not making an expensive mistake ordering the wrong spec.

ok post up some details so I can find you and I will come into london and we can discuss me being a "richard" face to face, easy to insult from behind a keyboard.

I am working in borough high street tomorrow, if alarm meets me he can tell you what I said.

I doubt that he'll be rsed - I know I wouldn't, not without a clearer explanation of the benefits of a F2F.

Talk about a keyboard warrior.

You started with the insults. Too hard to swallow the truth?

who did I insult ? I came on here asking for a bit of information if bas didint want to give out his trade secrets he didint have to post, instead he got sarky and you started the insults, to hard to swallow the truth, whats the truth then ? funnily enough when sparkys come on the plumbing forum asking about heating /plumbing they are helped as much as possible,

as for being a keyboard warrior I will be working at the blue eyed maid pub tomorrow in borough high street from 10 till about 2, call in and for the plumber.

if bas didint want to give out his trade secrets he didint have to post, instead he got sarky
Sarky?

You asked if you could take a lamp designed to work on 1500V, and give it either 2000V or 1000V.

I said you could as long as that degree of over- or under- voltage wouldn't damage it or stop it working.

as for being a keyboard warrior I will be working at the blue eyed maid pub tomorrow in borough high street from 10 till about 2, call in and for the plumber.
Why?

What information about your light do you think you'd be able to get there that you can't get here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back