Nest 2nd gen goes orange on app but does not turn boiler on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nest 2nd gen goes orange on app as to say it’s on but does not turn boiler on, so nest connects to the base wireless fine and to the app on phone fine press on on the phone and it turns orange to say it’s on but the boiler does not click on

This has just started happening and was working fine before

Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
need a lot more information that that I am afraid, show pics of the boiler and the conroller and anything else you have

Check and see if turning the heat on manually by the heat link makes a difference. I think you just need to press and hold it for a second and then a light comes on.

When you turn your heating on via your phone essentially what the technology is doing is wirelessly sending a signal to your thermostat (through wifi) which then sends a signal to your heatlink (not quite sure if this is bluetooth radiofrequency or internet) which is connected to your boiler and then your boiler fires up.

If you're seeing your thermostat go orange I.E 'heat on', but your boiler is not actually firing, then to me it would suggest that its successfully taken signals from your phone, and if it's not got the little 'Mechanical Failure' icon, then its also successfully connected to your Heatlink.

Either there is an issue between the heat link and the boiler or simply the boiler. If you try the suggestion above and you can see the heatlink is on, but your boiler is still not firing then it suggests theres a fault with your boiler.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back