NEST 3rd Gen Learning Thermometer - 240v Issue

And what kind of quality did you expect from a £10 install?

Dan, you really do come across a bitter and twisted individual.

I just hope you are different IRL!

I have to wonder though, if the NEST install questions get on your titz so much, why even bother to comment?

Just ignore and move on as your input is not constructive in this case and your valuable knowledge may be better suited to other questions.

People like myself only come here for advice as a last resort and I understand you are a seasoned professional, and long-time DIYNOT member, but there is no need for your hostile and dismissive tone.

As for the £10 install not being up to much. It wasn't a £10 install as such!

NEST themselves were offering the NEST for £219.99 'WITHOUT Professional Installation' or £229.99 'WITH Professional Installation', which has now increased to the regular price of £279.

So as a consumer this equated to 'Professional Installation' for £10, which was a no-brainer and why I ordered it in the first place.

I don't know what you are trying to say with "what kind of quality did you expect from a £10 install", but I'd expect it to be up to your standard!

I don't for one minute think the installer would be getting £10 in their hand! They would be getting the normal NEST install rate and it would have been NEST themselves taking that hit!

Just a shame they did not have stock for around six weeks, which is the only reason I sourced elsewhere.

In hindsight though, I wish I had left my original order with NEST as it would have saved me having to ask the question here and having to put up with your toxic comments!

Have a great day Dan.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back