Nest 3rd Gen Theromostat Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been searching for advice on wiring the Nest to a Vaillent TurboMax. I originally installed, myself, a wireless thermostat a few years back the Honeywell CM700. This has worked perfectly but now technology is evolving I am looking to swap it out for the Nest.

I have found the below advice which I have followed and am not able to see the boiler heat up.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/installing-a-nest-to-a-vaillant-turbomax.425632/

I hear the switch going on and off in the Heat Link but the boiler doesn't do anything so I am guessing some wiring is incorrect.

I have wired using the same wires I had for the Honeywell:

boiler 3 to Heatlink L and created a loop to 2.
boiler 4 to Heatlink 3.
boiler 5 to Heatlink N.

Now previously L and N where wired to the Honeywell L and N so I have removed this and reused it for the 5 to N.

Does anyone see anything wrong with what I have done?

Sponsored Links
That sounds right.

Boiler 3 = Live to Heatlink
Boiler 5 = Neutral to Heatlink
Boiler 4 = Switched live from Heatlink terminal 3

Link Heatlink terminals L and 2

So other things to consider.

1.Check the Heatlink wiring terminals carefully. They are a bit fiddly and it can be easy to clamp the insulation and not the conductor. If the Heatlink is clicking then the L & N would appear OK, so check the switched live.

2. If the boiler has an inbuilt timer, then that would need to be set to be permanently 'on' 24/7.

Thanks I shouldn’t have gave up so easily.. the nest is now working perfectly must have been a wire not fully making contact

Sponsored Links
That's usually the case. It happens quite a bit. They aren't the easiest things to wire up. Glad it's working and thanks for the update it might help others that find this thread and have the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back