Nest 3rd generation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can someone help me please, I have a Nest 3rd generation thermostat and I am having trouble connecting this to my Potterton PowerMax 140, does anybody have a wiring diagram please?

Many thanks,

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Yes, Potterton do, and it fits the Nest nicely.

Capture.JPG

'On' corresponds with Nest 'Call for Heat'

'COM' corresponds with Nest 'Common'

Hi Stem,

Thank you for your reply, do you have a complete wiring diagram please. I have tried several plumbers to fit this for me but nobody can help me, so going to try doing this myself.

Many thanks,

Kevin.

Kev take it you want someone to hold your hand while you wire the magic device. Make a donation to a charity and all will be revealed

Sponsored Links
Hi Stem,

Thank you for your reply, do you have a complete wiring diagram please. I have tried several plumbers to fit this for me but nobody can help me, so going to try doing this myself.

Many thanks,

Kevin.
If you can't work it out from the diagram posted and the one provided in the Nest manual, then I respectfully suggest that working on this might not be for you. I'd be concerned about you either damaging Nest, the boiler, or yourself.

Have you tried searching for an installer on the Nest Find An Installer page?

do you have a complete wiring diagram please.

I saw your post last night, but didn't know what else I could say to respond. That is the "complete wiring diagram". The terminals in the box on the left are the Heatlink. The function of each of the terminals is shown in the Nest manual. The Potterton diagram is marked accordingly, the only slight change is that Potterton use 'on' whilst Nest use the term 'call for heat'.

Perhaps it will help if I rotate the diagram ;)

123.JPG

Look more familiar now?

1234.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back