Nest Heatlink to Tado

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Nest Thermostat 3rd Generation with Heatlink. I have recently purchased a Tado V3+ device.

I have one cable on the Nest Heatlink connected to pin 4 and do not know where it should be going into Tado.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• 9AE45631-CF6F-452F-A1D6-BA796BEBF445.jpeg
    9AE45631-CF6F-452F-A1D6-BA796BEBF445.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Sorry could you be more specific what tadov3+...i am assuming that is a replacement wireless thermostat. and by the way you have 2 cables in the nest...a link is present for live.. so the link would go from the live to the CH com and the grey wire would go to the CH NO

Hi there, I have purchased the Tado V3+ Black Edition Wireless Heating & Hot Water Smart Thermostat Starter Kit. (Screwfix 701KG). I am attaching the pic of the wireless receiver.

If I understood correctly…

Nest N - Tado N
Nest L - Tado Live
Nest 4 (Grey Wire) - Tado CH NO
Bridge Tado L to CH COM using the purple wire (Suggested by Tado Guide)

Attachments

• 96E5EB3B-EC06-44FF-ADF6-4B2411215FEF.jpeg
    96E5EB3B-EC06-44FF-ADF6-4B2411215FEF.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 72
Exactly, a direct copy of what you have in your nest.... you have a red wire linking the L to the CH Com in the nest so why not just use that ?

Sponsored Links
Is the Nest working with CH and HW? It looks like something is going to terminal 3 on the Nest. If the grey wire goes to terminal 4 where does it get its live from as there is no link from 2 to 5.

I have managed to connect as described and it is now working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back