Nest installation on worcester 8000 life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just had an electrician install a nest onto my 8000 life boiler. Unfortunatly the boiler does not fire up when cranking up the temp on the thermostat. Had a quick look at his work and i'm not 100% sure but looking at the wiring diagrams from the nest book isn't terminal 2 supposed to be on the live out? He currently has it plugged into switch live.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
Pictures below, Thanks.
https://imgur.com/a/4yJFWq7

Sponsored Links
Why haven’t you called your electrician back to state it’s not working?

Pics of your wiring would be best but as @Chris_W says why are you not calling your installer back to sort it ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
My Nest Gen 3 does seem to be wired backwards, this is because I have no DHW thermostat, but it works A1. Worcester Bosch do have the options of a bus connections see page 36 but it is a Worcester Bosch special as far as I know, so it is a simple on/off with two wires.

It does say
Worcester Bosch installation instructions said:
The correct type of RCD must be employed where additional protection is required that is suitable for a low energy DC modulating pump according to IET wiring regulations.
which seems a little vague, I assume it means type A, F, or B and not type AC but it to my mind would have been better actually saying which, and since with RCBO's it is nearly impossible to get better than type A, I would assume type A RCD with this
DB431080.png
mark and not type AC with this
DB431079.png
mark should be fitted, to my mind rather poor instructions.

But two wires boiler to Nest (other than power) how can you get it wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back